UNT Master of Science in Geography Graduates
Below is a selection of some of the geography master's students for whom I have served as a major or co-major professor, as well as their research topics and professional positions:
- Vicki Oppenheim, 2017, Thesis Topic: The Underlying Conditions for Success of Public Markets in the Southwest Region of the United States: 1996-2016 (Market Manager, Denton Community Market: Denton, TX)
- Peter Testa, 2015, Thesis Topic: Decoding the Geography of Costco's Retail Expansion (Consultant, Navjoy Consulting Inc.: Denver, CO)
- Carl Whitaker, 2015, Thesis Topic: Small Town Retail Change in East Texas (Real Estate Analyst, Axiometrics: Dallas, TX)
- Trevor Yarbrough, 2014, Thesis Topic: Retail Change and Light Rail: Denton, Texas Case Study (Director, Site Selection & Analytics, ESRP: Dallas, TX)
- Amanda Regan, 2013, Thesis Topic: Analysis of Food Deserts in South Dallas (Vice President - Site Selection & Research, ESRP: Dallas, TX)
- YunLung ("Steven") Yeh, 2010, Thesis Topic: Analysis of Costco's Expansion to Taiwan (Development Manager, Vision Property Investment and Development Co., Ltd.: Taichung City, Taiwan)
- Amie (Dickinson) Sumpter, 2007, Thesis Topic: Mall Development Impacts on Downtown Port Huron, MI (Senior Analyst - Site Location, Advance Auto Parts: Roanoke, VA)
- Michael Seman, 2007, Thesis Topic: Analysis of the Slowdown Redevelopment, Omaha, NE (Director of Creative Industry Research and Policy, University of Colorado Denver: Denver, CO)
Beyond the above, here is an expanded (but still partial) listing of the business geography/location intelligence positions obtained by undergraduate and graduate alumni of UNT Geography.
© Murray D. Rice. All rights reserved.