Retail Lecture Slides
Please download and read the lecture slide files below. These links will become active as we go through the course. This means that you can download the slide file for each week as we get to that lecture in our course. Weeks we have not yet reached may not have content that is accessible here.
Feel free to contact me if you have questions about any of these files. Thanks for taking this course!
- Week 1: Retail Location – Motivation and Fundamentals
- Week 2: GIS and Applied Retail Geography
- Week 3: Applied Retail GIS Lab, Part 1 (Introduction to GIS Labs)
- Week 4: Site Selection and Trade Area Analysis
- Week 5: Applied Retail GIS Lab, Part 2 (Basic Comments on GIS Lab, Part 1 Results)
- Week 6: Geography, Distribution Systems, and the Location of Demand
- Week 7: Retail Growth Strategy Alternatives
- Week 8: The Value of Location
- Week 9: Commerce and the Settlement Pattern
- Week 10: Commercial Structure Within the Metropolis
- Week 11a: The Corporate Context for Retail Development
- Week 11b: Decision-Making Under Uncertainty
- Week 12: Geography and Direct Marketing
- Week 13: Project Presentations (No Slides This Week)
- Week 14: Project Presentations (No Slides This Week)
- Week 15: Course Review
There are no slides for weeks 3, 4, 13, and 14 because we are focusing on our GIS labs and term projects in those weeks.
© Murray D. Rice. All rights reserved.