Statistical Research Syllabus and Handouts
Please download and read the handout files below, listed by the week each will enter into our classroom conversation. Additional files may be added during the semester, so please check this page weekly. Each of the files I am providing contain important background information related to the course and/or one or more of the methods we will discuss in class.
Note, some links below direct you to articles on journal websites. If you are accessing this page from a UNT computer, you can download a full-text version of each of the articles for free (this will not work if you are accessing this page from a non-UNT device).
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about any of these documents.
Week 1: Introduction to the Course
- GEOG 4185 Syllabus
- GEOG 4185 Writing Expectations
- GEOG 4185 Referencing Guidelines
- Why Study Statistics?
- Online Conceptual Reading: False Positives (introductory reading)
- Online Conceptual Reading: Understanding Data
- Note-Taking Handout (from Stanford University's Center for Teaching and Learning)
- Esri MOOC (Supplementary Learning Opportunity): Going Places With Spatial Analysis
Week 2: Why Multivariate Statistics?
© Murray D. Rice. All rights reserved.